Testing Lab Technician
Company Overview: Founded in 1960, Solar Electronics Company designs, develops, and manufactures a broad line of RFI/EMC calibration and test equipment in North Hollywood, California.
Job Summary: Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates electronic equipment containing a mix of discrete components and ICs. Quality control inspection of equipment.
- Operation of test equipment, including network analyzers and oscilloscopes, and analysis/interpretation of test data.
- Setting up standard test apparatus or devising test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of production model.
- Testing, modification, repair, calibration and certification of electronic components, applying principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing, and physics.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot PC boards and electronic circuits containing capacitors, resistors, IC’s, transistors, etc.
- Installing components, units, subassemblies, wiring, and assembly casings, using bolts and soldering.
- Reading and interpretation of CAD and schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, engineering instructions, work orders, and reports of electronic components in order to determine assembly instructions and materials requirements.
- Writing reports, recording data, and documenting testing techniques, laboratory equipment, and specifications to assist engineers.
- Submitting computer reports using Microsoft Office software, itemizing repair requirements (parts and labor) so written estimates can be prepared for customers.
- Following procedures to ensure properly documented quality control.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to follow directions.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, browser, and e-mail software.
- Assembly experience; build, adjust and replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry and electronics components using hand tools and soldering iron. Good soldering skills required.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of RF concepts and/or RF experience desirable.
- Knowledge of/experience with A2LA accreditation desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Two-year school (A.S) or vocational school for electronics desirable. One (1) year's experience.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.